Letters to Lillian

Letters to Lillian
First it was two,
then we had you.
Now we have everything.

Letters to Lilly,
our daughter through adoption.

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Shower Weekend

Short post today sweet little one, as I'm quite tired tonight.

A few things:

1. We told our best friends about you last night. It was a pretty memorable experience. We all had a good long (albiet a little drunken for some of them, haha) talk about how wonderful the situation is. We really do have some amazing friends, and you're going to have some seriously awesome uncles and aunts in the future.

2. My sisters baby shower was today. And while it was still hard to be there (as it is for any baby shower for us) it was awesome getting to see my sister happy, and that made it all worth it. I thought about you a lot though, and there were a few times I had to stop myself from smiling just thinking about how much you'll be loved be all these people too.

You are going to be so, so loved. I mean obviously you'll be craaaazy loved by RB and I, but also by the great people we have in our lives. They already love you (at least the ones that know about you right now) and the ones that don't know about you are going to fall head over heels in love with you when they realize you're here.

Is it possible to miss someone you've never met? Because I miss you.

 

Until tomorrow little one, sweet dreams.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for being there today. I thought of LO quite a bit today as well, and we are already head over heels in love with him/her :)

    ReplyDelete